Wednesday, December 29, 2010

you'll shoot your eye out.

I'm going to be honest and tell you that my Christmas wasn't wonderful. It had it's ups and downs. Unlike the past few tradition-building years, this year, I did not make a gingerbread house, bake a birthday cake for Jesus, watch 24 straight hours of A Christmas Story, or even stay at my own home. So there's that. I did, however, play in the snow! But before we get to my Christmasing adventure to good ole Phil Campbell, Alabama, let me share with you a night we like to call Sapphire Ball.
My purple dress and awesome accessories from Charming Charlie that I shared with you earlier turned out pretty sweet. If I had to do it over again, I would not have tried the new part. I like my part by my ear, as my hairdresser says.

 

Dress-Belk
All Accessories - Charming Charlie
Sweet glow-in-the-dark glasses - Claire's
Boy - William Chronister Takewell aka one of my favorite people since circa 1996

After formal, we moseyed on over to one of our favorite places in Hammond, America...Asterisk NightClub. I hear people come from all over the land to attend this sweet party. I don't blame them. Have you seen the bouncers? Anyway, this outfit was the result of grabbing random things from my closet. Shorts in December? Never ask yourself "Why?" Always ask "Why not?"


Sweater & Belt - Old Navy
Top, Shorts, Tights, and Flats - Target
Same accessories, same boy.
You'll come to notice that I shop really inexpensively. Call me cheap. It's fine.

Let's move on to bigger and better things, shall we? On my first full day in Alabama, we visited a creek turned lake via a dam. A lot of the water was let out so the water was really low. In case you're not a fisherman, extra low water makes it hard to put your boat back on it's trailer so daddy helped the poor lonely man who was clearly having a difficult time doing so. Meanwhile, mom and I had a photo shoot.


Even though I was a little upset that I wasn't wearing a cool outfit for said photo shoot, I guess my regular day-to-day college kid dougie of TOMS, a sweatshirt and jeans is really how I live. Love me for who I am, okay? In leu of such a typical outfit, I thought I'd share with you a few items without which I could not survive a regular day.













               
Well so there's that. Hope you enjoyed a sneak peak into my overnight bag. Next on the agenda, Christmas Day. I woke up to my aunt's yapping poodles and her baby voice saying "Bear, look! Go get that snowflake! That's your snowflake!" This statement made me question the weather for obvious reasons so when I looked out the window, and sure enough. Snow. And lots of it. It was really pretty but it made me thankful that I live in south Louisiana.

Instead of cooking a regular Christmas lunch, my family and I had reservations at the Marriott (we fancy, huh?) so I decided to get myself together and wear real clothes. Two things I regret about these pictures: no accessories (somehow, I forgot my jewelry bag at home) and no lips (lipstain slipped my mind with all the ruckus of the snow). You might be saying, "Kristin, weren't you cold with no coat?" My answer is no. It's not as humid "up north" so even though it was snowing, it didn't feel as cold.

 


Sweater - Target
Top - Rue 21
Jeans - Old Navy
Boots - uuuhhh ???

Hope your Christmas was as wonderful as mine :)
P.S. Santa brought something I think you'll be really excited about!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness you are so fabulous and i love you. i can't wait for more and more posts. love the part about shorts in winter-shorts and stockings are always a fun combo! love it!

    ReplyDelete